Oakville is home to tons of great places to eat. Whether it’s grabbing a quick coffee while on the run, catching up with friends over lunch or taking the family out for dinner – there’s something for every kind of occasion and food palette. Since today is Family Day we’ve compiled a list of great places to take the family in Oakville.
1. Mo’s Family Restaurant – Located on 467 Speers Road, this restaurant is a staple of many residents that live in the area. Close to many boutique shops on Speers, Mo’s is a great place to grab breakfast, dinner and everything in between. They are known for their all day breakfast menu as well as their American style cuisine.
2. Hangry Pirates – Right on Kerr Street, this pirate themed restaurant isn’t just for kids. Some of the better shawarma’s in Oakville are served here as well as burgers, chicken sandwiches and salad.
3. House of Wings – Not just any sports pub, but maybe the best wings in town. People come from all over to this little wing joint because of the wide variety of wing flavors. – more than 80 of them to choose from! Everyone has their favorite wing flavor, but half the fun is trying something new. It has a welcoming atmosphere for families and is off of Dundas and Third Line in a big plaza with other amenities.
4. The Firehall – This place has been in Oakville for a long time. A fireman themed restaurant that boasts great pub fare and a good sized kids menu. Right near Bronte on Lakeshore, there are few residents of Oakville who haven’t been to this popular dinner spot at least once.
5. The Works – A popular burger chain, few other burger joints can compare with their selection of burger customizations. This one is notable because of its location right in the heart of Downtown Oakville. It’s right next to The Marble Slab– a perfect place to get ice cream with the kids after dinner!
6. Maro’s – Another notable place on Kerr, Maro’s is a mediterranean inspired bistro with fantastic crepes, bowls and flatbreads.
7. Wasabi & Teriyaki – A cute little family owned Japanese restaurant. The place is a little small for big families, but is worth booking in advance because of the authentic cuisine and atmosphere. The family who runs this restaurant just by the Oakville Go Station are friendly and often put their own personal touches to your dining experience. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better sushi place in Oakville.
8. El Spero – On 2420 Lakeshore W is a little family restaurant called El Spero. It’s exterior isn’t fancy and while the inside is cozy, it’s nothing that special. The breakfast however is amazing- great portions and with a traditional home cooked feel this is a great place to take the family before setting out for the day.
9. Peppino’s Oven – Right on Kingsridge Dr there’s an Italian eatery that has fantastic dishes for take-out or dining in. The pizza is the star of the show here however- and they even offer a “Take-Home” kit to make your own pizza!
10. Harper’s Landing – Tucked away on Cornwall are a few great places to grab a bite, but Harper’s Landing is the place to visit with the family because of how many things they do well. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or even just drinks and dessert are all viable options and with so many cool places to shop or run errands nearby it’s a perfect place to take a break after a busy day.
These are but a few of the best places to take your family out to eat and wind down in Oakville. What are some of your favorite places to go?